Is Al-Anon the right place for me?
Wondering if Al-Anon is right for you? Answer the questions below. If you answer yes to any of these questions, we encourage you to give Al-Anon a try!
1. Do you constantly seek approval and affirmation?
2. Do you fail to recognize your accomplishments?
3. Do you fear criticism?
4. Do you overextend yourself?
5. Have you had problems with your own compulsive behavior?
6. Do you have a need for perfection?
7. Are you uneasy when your life is going smoothly, continually anticipating problems?
8. Do you feel more alive in the midst of a crisis?
9. Do you still feel responsible for others, as you did for the problem drinker in your life?
10. Do you care for others easily, yet find it difficult to care for yourself?
11. Do you isolate yourself from other people?
12. Do you respond with fear to authority figures and angry people?
13. Do you feel that individuals and society in general are taking advantage of you?
14. Do you have trouble with intimate relationships?
15. Do you confuse pity with love, as you did with the problem drinker?
16. Do you attract and/or seek people who tend to be compulsive and/or abusive?
17. Do you cling to relationships because you are afraid of being alone?
18. Do you often mistrust your own feelings and the feelings expressed by others?
19. Do you find it difficult to identify and express your emotions?
20. Do you think someone’s drinking may have affected you?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, Al-Anon or Alateen may be able to help.
If you would like information regarding Al-Anon or Alateen meetings in Hillsborough County, please click on the Meetings tab at the top of the page, or call (813) 881-9372- leave a message and someone will call you back.
**Any information you provide will be treated as confidential.**
For information on meetings in other areas, please see the Links page.
Reprinted with permission of Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA
© Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. 2005. All Rights Reserved.